If you use an industrial transformer then you don’t need a direct electrical connection between the two devices to transfer electricity. The two windings of the transformer do this working on the principle of mutual induction. Transformer Manufacturers make these industrial transformers for various purposes but we are going to talk about the difference between the two variants of industrial transformers i.e. Step up transformer and Step down transformer. Let’s see the difference:
Step Up Transformer:
- As the name suggests, the step-up transformer regulated low voltage and provides a high voltage to the device according to its requirement.
- Primary winding of the iron core has fewer turns and secondary winding has 10x turns which helps in bumping up the voltage.
- Input of voltage is lower than the output.
- Used in devices which require high-voltage for working smoothly.
- Its functioning is exactly opposite of the step-up transformer as it regulates high voltage into low voltage.
- The second winding has lesser turns than the primary one which helps in lowering the voltage.
- Output of voltage is lower than the input.
- This is used in electrical devices that require low voltage supply.
Trutech Products is one of the leading Transformer Manufacturers in India and our products go through various quality tests before getting delivered to our clients. Our in-house manufacturing facility has all the latest machinery with state-of-the-art technology to make quality products. We understand that our customers trust us for quality and we always deliver it. Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.